Sunday, August 12, 2012

It's Back to School

Well tomorrow is my first day back to work! :) We will be getting our new Mac Pros tomorrow! SO excited about our new technology! :) Our new technology adventure this year, QR Codes or Quick Response Codes. So far so good! :) Glad I have some friends joining the journey. Erin Borchard in first grade is all about this new technology. I have others ready to jump in feet first! :) So far I created my business card that included QR codes linking my parents to the OES website, our class blog, my facebook page and my school email. Now to train my parents on how to use it! I also spent time creating codes linked to songs. I used songs like Humpty Dumpty and posted it by my stuffed Humpty Dumpty and the book that goes with it.  I put "Loose Tooth" by Dr. Jean by our tooth graph and the birthday song by our birthday chart.  Also a QR code for Macarena Months and Days of the week songs to go with our calendar. Visit our classroom and the first QR code you will see is a vocal QR code where I explain what to do when visiting our classroom! Scan the QR code below to hear this voice welcome.  Look for many post on how we are going to use QR codes in our room this year. We are moving ahead in kindergarten! To all my teacher friends have a blessed school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment